1/15/09

The Case for Faith...

So today, i subjected myself to Lee Strobel's DVD about theodicy (he uses the less technical term, "doubt".)

Some thoughts that went through my head:

Lee Strobel has a weird accent, is he Canadian?(quick google search...guess not)

Why are all the experts from Biola? What Fuller (my alma mater *wink*) too academic/not theologically sound enough? How bout an expert from Azusa or Westmont if we're gonna use SoCal christian universities. While I'm at it, why not pull in someone from the GTU or Union for a *ahem* different perspective?

Who the hell is Greg Koukl? Egads have i really drifted that far from the evangelical mainstream?

Why is NT Wright on this DVD. NT Wright rocks! NT Wright is my new evangelical christian academic hero!!! Why is NT Wright on the DVD?! NT Wright, please don't let them brainwash you! Why are all my fave evangelical academics from the British Isles? (cool accents, different baggage?)

What cheap emotional ploy to use Joni Eareckson Tada to prove some lame point about perseverance through doubt. I'm starting to feel manipulated... (insert visual of me with scribbles above head) Wha? her name is pronounced like johnny not joanie...weird...

oooo pretty pictures with scripture..... why?

What? That was it? What was the case for faith? How does scripture deal with theodicy? What about my epistemological concerns? Or at least a good summary of the various approaches to evil in the world? Why is NT Wright in this film? There wasn't enough of NT Wright!

So what kind of letter did Lee Strobel get back after he sent his manuscript off to Mr. Templeton? You never mentioned his reply? Was it unprintable?

There's Bonus Materials? Why am i scared....

(After looking on back, Rick Warren's involved! I should've known...)

Well at least i didn't spend money on this dvd, rented it from the library.

1 comment:

Tit for Tat said...

Sounds like the end is near. ;)