1/7/09

White people just dont get it...

The other day, the fogster was hanging out with a good friend of non-white extraction and difficult/underprivileged background. This friend had been through alot and had made alot of progress, but like those of us who struggles, has their moments... when the following conversational exchange occurred.

Why do white people always play down your pain?

Whaddya mean? (i asked)

I had two conversations when i was down, and frustrated about my life...

Go on (i prodded, interested) My friend laid it out like this:

Convo 1 with white friend

non-white friend: i've had to work harder than everyone else to get where i'm at, and sometimes i just get frustrated

white friend: surely you haven't had to work harder than everyone else...

non-white friend: oh come on you know what i mean, oh forget about, you just dont get it

white friend: you know maybe if you could learn to talk about things differently, that'd help...

non-white friend: nevermind, hows your food?

Convo 2 non-white friend a w/ non-white friend b

non-white frienda: i've had to work harder than everyone else to get where i'm at, and sometimes i just get frustrated

non-white friend b: i know what your talking about, and i bet your tired right now...

non-white friend a: yeah im tired, sometimes i just wanna quit...

non-white friend b: but look at where the Lord has brought you, its a miracle that you're here...

Then my friend asked me: Why do white people do shit like that? The fogster could only answer: I dunno, i'm not white either...

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Saw your comment at preacherman and thought I'd visit your blog.

A lot of the guys I know just don't know how to listen.. we always seem to get into problem solving mode.. being out of work sucks.. I hated the feeling of not being wanted when I was laid off.

If you'd like I can add your job need to my prayer list.. just let me know how you would like me to pray.

Blessings, Bob